Genuine Alcyone door decals

Forum for Subaru XT and/or XT6 owners

Moderators: Hocrest, Myxalplyx, Huck369, Moodybluesr, grossgary, john in KY, SUBBYRU89, austinXT6

Genuine Alcyone door decals

Postby JCP on Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:16 am

Hi guys,

Sold the Vortex 6 :-( Didn't even get a good price, but my Dad wanted in garage back and I had no where to keep it, and besides which I couldn't afford to keep it.

The good news (for someone) is that I still have a full set of Alcyone door decals and the stripe that goes around the bottom of the trunk lid. I got these when I was last in Japan from Subaru and they said it was the last set in available (which probably means the world). In fact, they said they had to specially make me the trunk stripe. But they were only prepared to do that so I could get a full set. They cost me around NZ$500 (not cheap I know) and I just want to get my money back, not looking to make a profit despite the rarity of these. The picture shows another set I bought previously and put on my car after I had repainted it. I got this 2nd set just in case I needed it, but now that I have sold it, they are no longer required.

PM me if anyone is interested in buying them.

I also have a couple of Tamya 1/24 scale Subaru XT models unassembled complete in their original boxes if anyone is interested make an offer.
Attachments
P1070394.JPG
John (Kiwi)
Pearl White (Right hand drive) Alcyone (Japanese version of the XT6)
JCP

Re: Genuine Alcyone door decals

Postby Caboobaroo on Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:05 pm

Oh sweet, I think I'm interested in the decal set as I'm going to be doing the bodywork on mine this summer and these would look awesome. I need to talk to my finacial advisor first but put me down for first in line. 8)
1989 Subaru XT6 - Black Mica
1989 Subaru RX - Black/Gold
2004 Subaru Legacy Outback Limited 3.0 sedan - White/Gold
Caboobaroo
Veteran

Postby grossgary on Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:43 pm

Caboobaroo wrote:I need to talk to my finacial advisor first but put me down for first in line. 8)
:D

could you get some high quality scans/snap shots of them so someone with graphic stuffs could process these into reproductions? like McBrat and the others on USMB that make stickers?
Gary
Lifted 88 XT6 FT4WD MT
87.5 XT Turbo castrated FT4WD, 89 Manual XT6
02 OBW VDC H6
96 Legacy LSi castrated to EJ18 w/FWD conversion
grossgary

Postby Caboobaroo on Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:01 pm

grossgary wrote:
Caboobaroo wrote:I need to talk to my finacial advisor first but put me down for first in line. 8)
:D

could you get some high quality scans/snap shots of them so someone with graphic stuffs could process these into reproductions? like McBrat and the others on USMB that make stickers?

Thats what my intention was. I'm very close to SubaruTex and he works for a signing place. When my XT6 got backed into last summer, he said he could make me new decals for it but if I can get my hands on these, I'll have him make me some repros and I'll send a set to mcBrat so he can produce them as well.
1989 Subaru XT6 - Black Mica
1989 Subaru RX - Black/Gold
2004 Subaru Legacy Outback Limited 3.0 sedan - White/Gold
Caboobaroo
Veteran

Postby grossgary on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:26 pm

nice hit.
are you going to have the rear quarter and front fender stickers too...it kind of runs more than just the door right?
Gary
Lifted 88 XT6 FT4WD MT
87.5 XT Turbo castrated FT4WD, 89 Manual XT6
02 OBW VDC H6
96 Legacy LSi castrated to EJ18 w/FWD conversion
grossgary

Postby nncoolg on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:18 am

those decals that you can get made, would they be printed under clear like original or multi-layers of vinyl?

...The reason I ask is because I have a full set of Vortex XT 4wd turbo decal PHOTOS with measurements and original coloring that I would like to get reproduced if I can find the right guy to do it. Im guessing others would like to get a set of the end result decals too since they are the same as the US ones with just an added 'vortex' decal...
nncoolg

Postby nncoolg on Wed May 04, 2011 3:02 am

Bump...can anyone reproduce the printed on clear type decals?
nncoolg

Postby subbie on Sun May 08, 2011 6:52 am

Hi JCP.
I think I got contacted by the guy that brought Your XT6.
I see he also has a 92 SVX.
Do you still have the models? if so how much would you want for them? Ive got two but one of them got crushed in the post after I brought it :evil:
49cc 1965 Victa MkII aka Fuji Rabbit Scooter
1400 GSR coupe (Restoration on hold)
Vortex 6 1989 maroon Tikky

subbie
Veteran

Postby austinXT6 on Tue May 10, 2011 8:09 pm

John,

Hate to hear you had to part with the Vortex 6. :(

Whoever you sold it to, be sure to point them here if they have questions, etc. And of course you're still a part of the gang even if you don't have a Vortex anymore. ;)
austinXT6
Site Admin

Postby JCP on Tue May 10, 2011 8:40 pm

Thanks Austin... a bit of a sad day, but I just could afford to keep it. Thanks for all your help (and everyone else’s) over the years. I will stay in touch and you never know, I may end up getting another in the future.

I believe the new owner has already been in contact
John (Kiwi)
Pearl White (Right hand drive) Alcyone (Japanese version of the XT6)
JCP

Return to Subaru XT discussions