1991 Subaru XT6 For Sale

Marketplace for vehicle buyers and sellers

Moderators: Hocrest, Myxalplyx, Huck369, Moodybluesr, grossgary, john in KY, SUBBYRU89, austinXT6

1991 Subaru XT6 For Sale

Postby subbiedoo on Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:30 pm

Hey guys I am new to the site, I have a 1991 Subaru XT6 for sale. It is Full Time AWD with automatic transmission. It is an all original car, in excellent condition with only 54,000 original miles! I love the car but am in need of a Jeep Wrangler so I can go wheeling. I have posted it up on craigslist so you can check out the link here to see pics and get the rest of the details. This is an awesome car, I would really like it to go to someone who would appreciate this car and take care of it like I have! :)
Last edited by subbiedoo on Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
subbiedoo

Re: 1991 Subaru XT6 For Sale - Super Clean, Very Low Miles!

Postby grossgary on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:32 am

looks nice and sharp indeed.

you may consider telling the story of the paint job, why it's not factory original and the also non original strut conversion that's been done. normally wouldn't matter but with the extremely high asking price broadcast to a wide audience, folks are going to want to know that ahead of time.
Gary
Lifted 88 XT6 FT4WD MT
87.5 XT Turbo castrated FT4WD, 89 Manual XT6
02 OBW VDC H6
96 Legacy LSi castrated to EJ18 w/FWD conversion
grossgary

Postby rpholz on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:47 am

clean looking car. especially on the interipr.
good luck on the sale
not so sure about the wing tho...
RIP WJM
rpholz
Veteran

Postby themoneypit on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:45 pm

5 grand for a car painted with a rattle can?? thats not "all original" LOL... and whats up with the black rear bumper? good luck with that... just sayin
1988 xt6 FT4WD from cali "MONSTER" w/"height control" SOLD :(
themoneypit
Veteran

Postby subbiedoo on Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:49 pm

Thanks guys for the positive input...what there was of it... haha!
I had it priced a little high because most people who call on a craigslist always try to lowball you on the price. So I always start high and then take offers. Although clean NADA on the car is actually 5,800 with the miles and having all of the options. I found one in WA state with 171,000 miles listed at 5 grand at a dealer out there, I thought that was way high for the mileage. I have never seen a Subaru XT with this low of miles and I have looked all over the country for over a year, so I don't want to give it away. But if anyone on the site here wants her, she's yours for $3,000!

grossgary wrote:looks nice and sharp indeed.
you may consider telling the story of the paint job, why it's not factory original and the also non original strut conversion that's been done. normally wouldn't matter but with the extremely high asking price broadcast to a wide audience, folks are going to want to know that ahead of time.

---
Thanks for the input Gary, I thought of explaining all that on there, but the vast majority of car buyers wouldn't really understand it all anyway. haha. I figured I would explain it on here as everyone here should be enthusiasts and would definitely know whats up with it as you pointed out. The strut conversion was done by someone else and I was told by the previous owner that it has been converted over to '91 Legacy struts/suspension. It does ride and handle well with them and the conversion looks so professional you wouldn't know unless you knew they didn't originally come with normal struts.

themoneypit wrote:5 grand for a car painted with a rattle can?? thats not "all original" LOL... and whats up with the black rear bumper? good luck with that... just sayin

---
I'm not sure what you mean by rattle can, unless you mean the 8 inches of black rhino lining around the bottom of the car, that was done by the previous owner to "protect against rock chips, rust and to make it look better" the rear bumper, spoiler, and mirrors were painted black to "make it look better also" which I agree with. As for the rest of the paint, it's definitely in great shape and definitely not rattle can. The car has also been undercoated. The spoiler actually makes it look waaaay better in my opinion, but w/e. lol
subbiedoo

Postby rpholz on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:51 pm

I have never seen a Subaru XT with this low of miles and I have looked all over the country for over a year, so I don't want to give it away

i bought my 89 XT GL with 28k for 500 bucks.

normally i wouldn't say anything but that was a pretty bold statement you made.
RIP WJM
rpholz
Veteran

Postby xoomer on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:59 pm

I normally would say something and bit my tongue as long as I could but it didn't help.

between me and my friend we've had about 20 XT-T's and XT6's None of them have ever cost more than $800 with between 48k and 120k My last one even had 62k on them with new and Functioning air.

Good Luck in your sale. but You may want to get down to the 1k- 1.5k mark.
Zachary Monroe
Nissan, Suzuki, KIA, CJDR, Hyundai Parts.
ASE Certified
xoomer
Veteran

Postby indyxt6 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:24 pm

Just too put in my 2 cents....I just sold 2 xt6s here in indy for $1200. One was good the other a donor. They are hard to find here in the midwest but they do come up every few months. One of the better ones i have seen so good luck.
indyxt6

Re: 1991 Subaru XT6 For Sale

Postby subbiedoo on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:03 pm

Well apparently things are different on the coasts, must be way more XT's available and a lot cheaper. I have been able to find a few in Denver, the cheapest one being 1,700 and I found one cheaper than that here in SD at $700 but the digi-dash didn't work, it was missing interior parts, it had a cracked exhaust/turbo issue, was only FWD, had a lot of miles and needed a lot of TLC. Subaru's bring a premium here in the north, you can't even find a good dependable one for less than $1,500. Not that I don't believe you guys about the cheap cars there, I do and thats awesome, wish they were cheaper here! Just sayin it isn't the same everywhere you go. I sold the car yesterday for $3,000 and the buyer thought it was a heck of a deal too. Anyways, thanks for the posts, good to have enthusiast sites like this around! I will still be checking in now and again, maybe I can find one of these "hidden steals" on here when one of you decides to sell your car! haha!
subbiedoo

Postby grossgary on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:37 pm

subbiedoo wrote:Well apparently things are different on the coasts
they are - everything rusts away and no one wants 90's cars here. prices in certain areas out west - notably Colorado, Washington, are high for older subaru's where the cars can last that long and subarus are in very high demand.

subbiedoo wrote: I sold the car yesterday for $3,000!
that's about right. good job.
Gary
Lifted 88 XT6 FT4WD MT
87.5 XT Turbo castrated FT4WD, 89 Manual XT6
02 OBW VDC H6
96 Legacy LSi castrated to EJ18 w/FWD conversion
grossgary

Postby subbiedoo on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:56 pm

Thanks Gary! Yeah, that makes sense with the rust thing. Here everything lasts forever, I have a 78 VW Westfalia Camper Bus and it doesn't have a speck of rust on it and still has original paint and everything! haha! I have had 5 different Subaru's in the past 5 years 4 of them older than 93 and only one had any rust, all of them besides my XT had between 200,000 and 300,000 miles and I sold each of them for between $1,500 - $4,500. Now if I could just find a really nice BRAT I would be set! haha!
subbiedoo

Return to XTs/XT6s for sale